You’ve Written Your Novel, Now What? Publishing World Options
A workshop open to the public, for new writers, aspiring writers and writers who have recently gotten their rights back from a traditional publisher and wish to indie publish their book.
When: August 24, 2019 at 2:00 p.m.
Where: Ellen Coolidge Burke Branch Library, 4701 Seminary Rd, Alexandria, VA 22304
The publishing industry has changed drastically in the past decade, and it continues to evolve. This workshop discusses an author’s options, from Traditional to Small Press to Indie Publishing. Highlights will include:
- Pros and cons of each option.
- What you can expect in your quest to obtain a Traditional contract vs. Small Press. Research, time investment, handling rejection.
- Short overview of getting an agent – How & where to search. What they are looking for.
- Going Indie – What you can expect. Covers, formatting, editing, and costs associated with going Indie. The importance of Amazon and other avenues you can use for distribution and obtaining hard copies.
- Marketing – Every author MUST market no matter which publishing track you take. In order to achieve success, you need to decide if you can make an investment of money or your time to get results.
- The importance of creating your own Brand from your Social Media to your Website.